Treasurer of the House
Via del Castello, 13 Casale Marittimo
The house is located near the Clock Tower (the old Civic Tower) and was part of the walls.
This is one of the oldest buildings of the village, because the treasurer was a kind of treasurer in charge of tax collection and was appointed directly by the landowner.
Largo Coconut Griffi, 10-56126 – Pisa
The cemetery is located behind the Piazza dei Miracoli, the side baptistery. Opening hours: Sunday 9.30-12.30, 16.30-dusk Wednesday to offer input.
The Jewish cemetery of Pisa, located on various levels of land, is included in the monumental complex of Piazza dei Miracoli, dates back to 1648 and is one of the oldest Jewish cemeteries in Europe: there are memories preserved ancient tombs of significant historical and artistic value, with not only written in Hebrew and Italian but also Spanish and Portuguese of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, French, German and Czech. There are famous people buried in the politics and culture. From the artistic side of the cemetery has an extraordinary repertoire ranging from traditional Iberian barrows parallelepiped, the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, the monuments of the early nineteenth century Empire style, from Gothic tabernacles of the nineteenth century, Art Nouveau styles of the late King Umberto and the nineteenth century and the early twentieth century.
Its construction dates back to the eleventh century when it was part of the complex of the ancient Hospital of St. Lazarus and a convent of Benedictine nuns, which no longer exist.
The church has been heavily altered over the centuries: it was actually shortened the rear and then oriented in the opposite position. Of the ancient structure was preserved the facade (ex-apse) and the southern flank. The interior has three naves divided by pillars and columns, with capitals in the nave in Romanesque style. The arches are decorated with red and white bands.